[TriLUG] linux on c440gx+

M. Mueller (bhu5nji) bhu5nji at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 1 09:55:16 EST 2002

On Friday 01 March 2002 09:39 am, you wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Has anyone had the joy of successfully installing linux (any version of any
> distribution) on an Intel C440GX+ motherboard?  I have been attempting this
> for a while, I have this as a spare system that I intended to setup to
> replace my primary linux box server at home.  No joy.
>
> I've read the gotcha info on this system on Redhat's site (referencing
> 7.1). I've also followed several pieces of advice and created the "special"
> boot disk that was created specifically for this motherboard. No joy.  I've
> attempted the install with the "linux apic" command at the initial boot
> prompt. I've flashed every component on the system to the latest version.
> I've played with the bios settings.  In every case, Redhat locks up
> completely at the "Loading aic7xxx driver".

I don't know anything about the board you mention.  I was curious about it so
I did a Google on "Intel C440GX+ Linux".  Here's a link that seemed related
and hopeful.

http://www.uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0101.2/0079.html

--
Mike  M.

Support TriLUG. Reply directly for details on how to send a check.
No amount is too small.