[TriLUG] Video card recommendations?

John Franklin franklin at elfie.org
Fri Mar 1 18:12:05 EST 2002

On Thu, Feb 28, 2002 at 01:21:36PM -0500, Kevin - The Alchemist - Sonney wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-02-28 at 12:47, John Matthews wrote:
> > On that note...
> > Anyone know where I can get a reasonably priced USB KVM locally? The one
> > I got from Hawking Technologies died after a year. Video still switches,
> > USB seems dead. I'm completely off of PS/2 and having to swap keyboards
> > is frustrating!
>
> I dunno. I've bene looking at the new Belkin 4-port USB/PS2 KVM. $199
> list, I found one online for $119.

I've got a "Starview" that I got off Buy.com.  One of the USB ports is
dead, but the other three are fine.  I've had it about a year now and
it's been pretty good.  I wish I could find a power supply for it, tho.

> Best Buy has the two-port model in stock - at least the one at new Hope
> Commons did yesterday.

The Best Buy in Crossroads has a two-port USB-KVM open-box item.  At
least they did this afternoon when I was there.

jf
--
John Franklin
franklin at elfie.org