[TriLUG] linux on c440gx+

Al Koscielny alko at nc.rr.com
Sat Mar 2 10:04:03 EST 2002

On Friday 01 March 2002 09:39, you wrote:
> I've played with the bios settings.  In every case, Redhat locks up
> completely at the "Loading aic7xxx driver".

aic7xxx would be the Adaptec SCSI driver. Some options are

finding and loading a driver that works with the onboard SCSI controller
adding a SCSI card that works with the existing driver

Can you boot from the RedHat media in rescue mode and mount the drive?  When
RedHat locks up during install, do the other virtual consoles (Ctrl-Alt-Fn)
have any useful diagnostic messages?
--
Al Koscielny
alko at nc.rr.com