[TriLUG] IMP - enabling preferences using Postgres as DB?

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Mon Mar 4 13:45:19 EST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeremy P" <jeremyp at pobox.com>

> I agree that IMP is *extremely* difficult to configure.  It also took me a
> lot of time to get it working.  I use MySQL but the configuration should
> be similar, really.
>
> Here's a couple of tips:  Make sure you're really using the correct
> version of PHP and PEAR (the PHP module library).   PEAR might be
> installed in multiple places on your system; your PHP might be using a
> different location than you think.

Yes, I ran into the PEAR problem early on and fixed that...

> Also, try adding a "dsn" parameter to the prefs array like this:
> $conf['prefs']['params']['dsn'] = 'mysql://horde:*******@localhost/horde';

Alas, no joy - same error.  Is there also an alternative way to indicate the
table to use?

Your note incourages me to look elsewhere... And it looks like I'll either
be diving back into the source code or installing everything from source
this time (I used the default rpms from Redhat for the Apache server and for
the latest version of PHP).

Jon