RH 7.2 Kernel Upgrade strangeness was: Re: [TriLUG] Time lag post kernel update

David A. Cafaro dac at cafaro.net
Tue Mar 5 11:58:56 EST 2002

Interesting side note to the kernel upgrade, when I updated my RH7.2 kernel
on my laptop using the RH kernel RPM's, I lost 3D hardware acceleration in
X.  I have since gotten it back (manually installing X 4.2, recompiling
kernel video module drivers, and X module drivers).  But this did happen
right after the upgrade (I am still checking to make sure this was the
cause I also installed another piece of software from Loki that may have
caused it though that game says it does not use any 3D acceleration).

David