[TriLUG] PAM /etc/passwd question

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Wed Mar 6 16:21:10 EST 2002

Crud... I've read the friggin huge PAM docs twice in my life and each time I
understand pam for just long enough to make the changes I want to make...
and then forget everything again.  Must be some Chuthlu kind of thing going
on there.
If it helps, here is a pam.d/passwd file that uses MD5 and Shadow:

   #%PAM-1.0
   auth       required     /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so shadow nullok
   account    required     /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so
   password   required     /lib/security/pam_cracklib.so retry=3
   password   required     /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so use_authtok nullok md5
shadow

Jon