[TriLUG] Newbie

twyche at vdsinc.com twyche at vdsinc.com
Thu Mar 7 15:47:46 EST 2002

Hey guys I was wondering if any one could help me with this.  I'm new to
Linux and to trilug :-)

Thanks in advance

Setup
 +----------------+
 |    Internet    |
 +-------+--------+
         |-eth0
 +-------+--------+
 |   Firewall     +-----+ 192.168.1.0/24 |
 |                |eth1 +----------------+
 +-------+--------+
         |-eth2
 +-------+--------+
 |  10.0.0.0/24   | <- Internal network
 +-------+--------+

 +-------+--------+
 |    LAN Users   |
 +----------------+

 Here's the situation:

 In the DMZ there is a web server that need to be browsed from the
 internet for ftp, http (21,80)

I have set-up a minimal install of  SuSE 7.2 pro (SuSefirewall2) on an
Compaq with 64mb of Ram, AMD K6 processor, and 3 NIC's.

Problem

Even after bringing down all but one ethernet.  All traffic (ping) gets
sent out
and received on eth0 (internet) interface. It acts as though the other two
doesn't exist.

When connected all link light are up and functional.