[TriLUG] gnome-terminal and mutt

Ken Wahl ken at kenwahl.org
Mon Mar 11 00:51:24 EST 2002

On Sun, Mar 10, 2002 at 10:58:14PM -0500, Errol Casey wrote:
> Is there a way to have mutt run in a gnome-terminal with a background
> image; and mutt not "erase" the image by redrawing the back/foreground
> colors. I've commented out any "color" statements in my muttrc.
>
> I've finally found the settings to put some personal photos in gnome-terminal;
> so I can have a personalized background -- but it seems to get erased
> when using mutt (sometimes it will not get messed up). I've searched
> a little on google, but have not really found any facts related to my
> problem.

I'm using Mutt in gnome-terminal now and was able to set a background
pixmap without problems.  I think you need to set all the background
colors to "default" in your muttrc for this to work.  Here is the color
portion of my muttrc

color normal white default
color quoted green default
color quoted1 cyan default
color quoted2 green default
color quoted3 cyan default
color indicator brightwhite red
color signature brightblue default
color hdrdefault yellow default
color header brightred default ^To:
color header brightcyan default ^From:
color header brightyellow default ^Subject:
color header brightgreen default ^Date:
color status white blue
color message white default
color error red black
color body magenta default "(ftp|http)://[^ ]+"
color body magenta default [-a-z_0-9.]+@[-a-z_0-9.]+

color tree brightgreen default
color tilde magenta default
color markers brightcyan default
color attachment brightmagenta default
color search black green
color underline cyan default

color index magenta default '(~n 1-1)'
color index green default '(~n 2-2)'
color index brightblue default '(~n 3-3)'
color index white default '(~n 4-9)'
color index brightred default '(~n 10-99)'

HTH
--
Ken Wahl     ken at kenwahl.org     http://www.kenwahl.org/
PGP/GPG Public Key at  http://www.kenwahl.org/pubkey.gpg