[TriLUG] Sending mail is slow

Janyne Kizer janyne_kizer at ncsu.edu
Mon Mar 11 08:52:41 EST 2002

I am not sure if this has to do with Linux or Netscape or the mail
server being used.  What I am seeing is that sending mail appears to be
much faster under Windows and Solaris than it is under Linux.  In all
cases, I am using Netscape Messenger to send mail.  It seems that the
Solaris and Linux versions of Netscape should be similar enough that it
would not be a Netscape issue but who knows?  I can duplicate this on my
home machine (hardware firewall) and my work machine (iptables
firewall).  Thanks!
--

Janyne Kizer
CNE-3, CNE-4, CNE-5