[TriLUG] 1U rack server

gregbrown at mindspring.com gregbrown at mindspring.com
Mon Mar 11 13:31:44 EST 2002

I'm looking for a good, 1U rack mounted server with two 10/100 ethernet cards, one HD (10ish gig), one CD rom, and LONG mean time between failures, which can accept roughly 500 megs of RAM.  I'd prefer to run Red Hat, but I can't seem to locate at 1U servers with RH preinstalled.  I currently am only searching for one sever but if things go (really) well I could need about 2000. (fiendish grin)

Any suggestions on which types of 1U server to look at would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Greg