[TriLUG] 1U rack server

Mike Johnson mike at enoch.org
Mon Mar 11 16:17:09 EST 2002

Chris Hedemark [chris at yonderway.com] wrote:

> I know at least one person here has claimed to be happy with Dell
> servers.  My experience is the exact opposite.  Dell has made my life
> miserable on numerous occasions in the past.  Their on-site support is
> about the most incompetent in the industry.

I'll add that I've never had to work with Dell's support.  The
purchase process went quite well, and the systems were solid and
-worked-.

I did have issues with the RAID card drivers and got great
support from the developer (who works for Dell).  But I don't
think I went through regular support channels to get in touch
with him.

> On the flip side, I've had good luck with servers from Compaq and HP.

My HP experience is dated, but our support was so-so.  I've
never had a Compaq.

Mike
--
"Let the power of Ponch compel you!  Let the power of Ponch compel you!"
   -- Zorak on Space Ghost