[TriLUG] FW: Is it just me, or...

Justin Johnson justin at eCotton.com
Wed Mar 13 17:03:16 EST 2002

Of course if your system can accept PC133 SDRAM it is pretty
> darned cheap
> these days to just pop in a 128MB upgrade and be done with
> it.  I was lucky
> enough to pick up 512MB a little while ago when it cost about $70.

I'm headed to Intrex shortly to see if the 128MB PC133 SODIMM will work in
my machine.
If so, I'll be getting two of those :-) So what does that do to my swap
space? Anything? In windows there is a 'optimal' swap file size that is =
pysical mem + 11MB (Don't ask me). Any such concern with linux? I used the
'auto' partition feature of the install which gave me a swap file of
243(ish)MB (5% of 4GB drive). Good enough?

JJ