[TriLUG] CD-R problem and blanks for sale.

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Fri Mar 15 23:58:21 EST 2002

I have found that it is *always* best to make the image first on your drive,
and then write the image directly to the CD.  This helps in two ways, first,
you aren't multi-processing when you write the CD, so your Burner can
function as the high speed that it advertises, and second, it streams the
data to the device so that you don't suffer under runs.

This is especially true of CD-burners that are IDE based.  BTW: never run the
Burner on the same IDE chain as the drive that has the image.  :-)

Perfect disks everytime - even with el' cheapo medium!

Jon Carnes

 --- Original Message: Wednesday 13 March 2002 10:52 pm ---