[TriLUG] How to get consulting work...

John Beimler john at radiomind.com
Sun Mar 17 15:44:46 EST 2002

On Sat, 2002-03-16 at 20:46, Chris Hedemark wrote:
> On Sat, 2002-03-16 at 01:05, Jon Carnes wrote:
> > I hope this helps some folks.  I'm interested to hear others adventures in
> > consulting as well.
>
> Thanks for your post on that topic, Jon.  As you know I've recently
> gotten back into consulting, and for the most part I've found it
> rewarding.
>
> There is a gotcha that you already know about that I wanted to share
> with the list for anyone who is going to try consulting.  TERMS OF
> SERVICE.

I've always found that a Memorandum of Understanding works well.
http://www.wise-women.org/resources/abc/mou/

 I haven't done one man consulting work for quite a while, but I've
considered getting back into it.  Anyhow, I found the link here:

http://www.alistapart.com/stories/indexBusiness.html

which has a lot of good points on being a small buiness, even though it
is a web designer site.

Peace.

john
--