[TriLUG] CD-R problem and blanks for sale.

Vestal, Roy L. rvestal at rti.org
Mon Mar 18 10:37:35 EST 2002

FYI...Matsushita (Ma-Shoe-Sta) is the parent company of Panasonic/Technics
electronics. Hey, don't look at me funny, it's part of my job to know these
things.

I've been using Plextor IDE burners with no problems. I've had pretty good
luck with HP, and Sony drives too.  The thing I look for is the "BURN-Proof"
technology ("Buffer UnderRuN error Proof" protection as Sankyo calls it,
they own the license to the technology). Basically it's a 64K buffer on the
CD-Writer itself and helps keeps the data flow constant to the laser. When a
buffer looses data in the middle of the writing session the laser cuts off
and the CD becomes a coaster. This is a "Buffer Underrun". If you want more
www.burn-proof.com

If not, you can delete this now and go away happy.

:)