[TriLUG] data recovery

lfwelty lfwelty at redback.com
Mon Mar 18 22:09:57 EST 2002

Have you eliminated all hw issues, pwr, cabling?
Have you tried booting the drive in another computer?

Is this a scsi or ide drive?

If ide, have you changed its master/slave settings
since the original failure? You may have better luck
booting off another drive and mounting the damaged
drive as a slave on the ide...

If you want to try to handle the recovery yourself,
try taking a look at the LDP:
http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Linux-Complete-Backup-and-Recovery-HOWTO/index.html

Good luck.

F.