[TriLUG] Windows CE and Linux

David A. Cafaro dac at cafaro.net
Tue Mar 19 10:58:13 EST 2002

I don't know if you are interested but I just put my order in for a new
Sharp Zaurus SL 5500 that comes running Linux.  It has a 206mhz strong arm,
a CF type II slot, a SD memory Slot, 65k color TFT, Li-Ion Battery, Built
in Keyboard (very cool), Stereo headphones, all the goodies.  Supposed to
start shipping March 25th.  My Palm IIIx started to die and I started
researching the Zaurus.  You would be handheld less for a week or two
though.  Here some further info:

Official Site:

http://www.sharp-usa.com/products/ModelLanding/0,1058,699,00.html

Developer Site:

http://developer.sharpsec.com/

Community Site:

http://zaurus.sourceforge.net/

Cheapest price found so far (I dislike amazon, but...):

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000063D6E/qid=1016231617/br=2-1/ref=br_ts_slwth_th_1/102-2353671-6574559

Next Cheapest:

http://www.pcconnection.com/scripts/productdetail.asp?sku=297630&SourceID=k15505

Most Expensive:

http://www.myinfinity.com/

I have heard/read good things about this....