[TriLUG] data recovery---Linux low-level format program available??

Kevin - The Alchemist - Sonney alchemist at darkcanvas.com
Wed Mar 20 07:21:11 EST 2002

On Wed, 2002-03-20 at 02:26, al johson wrote:
>     Speaking of fixing hard drives, decades ago we used to "low-level format
> hard drives" to fix them.

My favorite is SpinRite, and it's still in production. Steve might not
know TCP/IP, but his HD tools kick butt. Too bad it only does FAT/*
partitions...

> I only mention this because I read somewhere that there was a LINUX program
> which could low level format a hard drive. Anyone know if this is true and
> what the name of that program might be???

If you find out, do tell!!

--      Kevin "The Alchemist" Sonney      --
--  ICQ: 4855069            AIM: ksonney  --
320C 0336 3BC4 13EC 4AEC  6AF2 525F CED7 7BB6 12C9