[TriLUG] Rant: Please trim responses

John Matthews jvmatthe at math.duke.edu
Wed Mar 20 10:25:59 EST 2002

On Wed, 2002-03-20 at 10:11, M. Mueller (bhu5nji) wrote:
> Never heard of the top vs. bottom controversy.  I like top.  That way I can
> read the new stuff and bleep the rest.  Both top and in-context seem to be
> the methods used on ietf-sigtran and ietf-tsvwg.

Try visiting USENET for a few months. This top-vs-bottom thing flares up
right often. I just saw it recently on alt.games.video.sony-playstation2
and I've seen it plenty of other times.

Really, how can we expect to co-exist in real life (Pakistan vs. India,
Palistine vs. Israel, Catholics vs. Protestants, Letterman vs. Leno) if
we get so bent out of shape so often in our virtual lives? :^)

Regards,
matt

--
Matt Matthews     \ ph: 919.660.2811        \ Use GNU/Linux  _o) w00t
Duke Univ., Postdoc\ jvmatthe at math.duke.edu  \____________   /\\