[TriLUG] Windows CE and Linux

Benjamin Reed ranger at befunk.com
Wed Mar 20 14:09:45 EST 2002

john broome [jbroome at intrex.net] wrote:
> [...]

There are a number of "distros", but they're all pretty much based off of
similar things.

The original one was compaq's handhelds.org distro.  Then a group started
doing a bunch of work on their distro to clean it up and make installation
a bit easier, and this became the "familiar" distro, which handhelds.org
later took back into the fold as the official ipaq distro.

Now you can also get the QT palmtop environment (what's used on the Zaurus) for
the iPAQ as well, it's just a set of packages that sit on top of the minimal
familiar install.

There is also a distro called "intimate" which is basically debian for the
iPAQ, and it plays well with familiar packages too...

--
Benjamin Reed a.k.a. Ranger Rick (ranger at befunk.com) http://ranger.befunk.com/
...if humanoids eat chicken, then obviously they'd eat their own species.