[TriLUG] Moving from Exchange to Linux/IMAP/POP

Bill Vinson billvinson at nc.rr.com
Wed Mar 20 16:53:25 EST 2002

My favorite IMAP server is courier-imap as it uses Maildir, which are
IMHO the best way to store mail :)  However, cyrus seems to be the best
choice if you have a lot of users who will not need shell accounts on
the system.  I simply don't like cyrus' setup as much and the
configuration is not nearly as straight forward as courier, but then it
is much more scalable.

Regards,
Bill

On Wednesday, March 20, 2002, at 03:21 PM, Jon Carnes wrote:

> I would love to hear what IMAP servers folks like.  I've heard a lot of
> folks really like Cyrus.
>
> For a simple IMAP server (and proof of concept) you can use the wu-imap
> server (run via xinetd) and loaded by default on to a RedHat server.
[snip]