[TriLUG] Windows System Fonts for Linux

John Beimler john at radiomind.com
Thu Mar 21 13:53:02 EST 2002

quotation from John Matthews <jvmatthe at math.duke.edu> [on 020321 13:27]:

> On Thu, 2002-03-21 at 13:19, Jeff Bollinger wrote:
> > Anyone have any idea if there is a package (RPM or otherwise) that I can
> > get that will install the fonts that are typically found on a Windows
> > system?  I'm trying out Wine (for the first time) and I'm not getting
> > the right fonts.
>
> You can't get the fonts that Windows comes with unless you take them
> from a Windows machine.

in a hurry, not exactly what you are asking for but Debian has a package
to install Microsft web fonts:

http://packages.debian.org/unstable/graphics/msttcorefonts.html

The fonts are here:
http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fontpack/

But you have to download these yourself, you can't re-package and
distribute them per Microsoft's license.

HTH HAND

john