[TriLUG] Digicamera CompactFlash on Linux

Lisa Lorenzin lorenzin at 1000plus.com
Thu Mar 21 16:23:33 EST 2002

> I use an el cheapo USB reader for my SmartMedia cards, and it works fine
> most work as USB mass storage devices, see
> http://www.linux-usb.org/USB-guide/x498.html for more on it.  Basically
> it looks like another SCSI device in the system.  You just mount, copy
> and unmount

+1

i use an (el cheapo) sandisk imagemate usb smartmedia reader for my
smartmedia cards, and it has linux support - i'd bet their compactflash
reader does, too.  it's <$50, indestructible (not like i tried on purpose,
but...), and screamingly faster than serial linking. :)

						lisa

--
lisa lorenzin  |  lorenzin at 1000plus.com  |  http://www.1000plus.com/lisa/
of what avail is an open eye if the heart is blind? - solomon ibn gavirol