[TriLUG] co-lo or at home?

Kevin - The Alchemist - Sonney alchemist at darkcanvas.com
Sat Mar 23 16:08:47 EST 2002

On Sat, 2002-03-23 at 14:10, Tanner Lovelace wrote:
> I have been hosting my domain at home for almost a year now.
> Except for a brief experiment with DSL, it's been on cable.

Cool.

> (I was actually 1000 feet to far for DSL but got hooked up anyway.)

Not only did they shorten my cable to gte me hooked up, I'm responsible
for the removal of 3(!) load coils on my loop. gee, you're supposed to
remove those *BEFORE* the install date, right? *grin*

> One thing you might look into is how Mike and Lisa have set up
> 1000plus.com.  I believe they run it off a dynamic IP on a
> cable modem using similar techniques to what I described above.

Mike? Lisa? Care to elaborate?

--      Kevin "The Alchemist" Sonney      --
--  ICQ: 4855069            AIM: ksonney  --
320C 0336 3BC4 13EC 4AEC  6AF2 525F CED7 7BB6 12C9
"It's not stupid...it's ADVANCED"