[TriLUG] co-lo or at home?

Mike Broome mbroome at employees.org
Sat Mar 23 16:44:51 EST 2002

On Sat, Mar 23, 2002 at 04:33:21PM -0500, Kevin - The Alchemist - Sonney wrote:
> On Sat, 2002-03-23 at 16:26, Mike Broome wrote:
> > One of the key things that makes it all workable is having a friend with
> > a server outside of our ISP provide mail secondary so that if our
> > connectivity goes poof for a while, mail get queued and delivered later.
> > (An important thing to have in general, but even more so when dealing
> > with a consumer level SLA.)
>
> I can see how that would help. I'll have to talk to my secondary DNS
> provider (who happens to be listed as your primary *grin*) about
> that....

Yeah, he definitely gets around. ;)  We could probably help you out in
that area, too, if you need it.

> Do you have/know of a quick and dirty "secondary MX" HOWTO somewhere?

Nope.  I actually know very little about it.  I setup most of the
networking stuff, and Lisa setup most of the server stuff.  She can
probably give you some pointers or share her clue.  (In fact, I just
mentioned it to her, and she's logging on now. :)

Mike

--
Mike Broome
mbroome(at)employees.org