[TriLUG] Wireless Lan and Mandrake 8.2

David A. Cafaro dac at cafaro.net
Sat Mar 23 21:33:16 EST 2002

The problem with my situation is that none of the distributions (RH7.2
or Mandrake 8.2) come with the drivers for my card.  You have to compile
and install.  Before I did that, my system did it's best guess and would
chose the wlan_cs driver which just doesn't work for my card.  When it
tried the wlan_cs driver it would show up as eth1 but with the new
promis2_cs driver it comes up as wlan0.  If you see anything though, I'd
love to hear about it.  Thanks.

By the way Mandrake 8.2 is great.  I will be buying a copy off store
shelves when it comes out.

David