[TriLUG] mandrake 8.2 kernel compiles.

H Brett Bolen wingedlizard at nc.rr.com
Sun Mar 24 09:41:45 EST 2002

Does anybody else have trouble compiling kernels under mdk?

I've had consistant problems compiling kernel sources from mkd
rpms.

I put mdk8.2 on my laptop ( intel p3 M ), and the kernel compiles
but none of the modules do.  it complains of missing kernel
functions:

   try_inc_mod_count_R_ver_str
   do_BUG_R577f4bff
   get_pgd_fast
   boot_cpu_data_R0657d0037
   pte_alloc_one_fast,

This is not a complete list, it is from the last page of
make modules.

I've seen this earlier, and thought it had to do with my AMD processor.

Last time I changed to redhat 7.2 and didn't have any problems.  I didn't
take the time to track down the problems.

has anybody else seen this problem ( not just mdk 8.2, but compling
kernel sources from mdk source distributions).

thanks,
   brett ( been compiling kernel sources since slackware fit on 14 diskettes) bolen