[TriLUG] Questions about Threading

John F Davis johndavi at us.ibm.com
Wed Mar 27 07:49:01 EST 2002

Hello

I stand corrected on the number of intel cpu's in a box.  After I saw the
bit about 16 cpu's, I went and asked one of my colleagues.  He said he had
heard of boxes supporting more than 4 but he didn't know the upper limit.
He said 8 or 16 maybe the upper limit.  However, what is the upper limit
for Sun boxes? I'm pretty sure they shipped some 256 cpu monsters and that
is the point about their more complex (slower)  threads.  They are slower
(compared to linux)  on boxes with a few cpu's, but with many cpu's they
scream.

JD

Thanks for the odslab url.

Adrian Likins <alikins at redhat.com>@trilug.org on 03/26/2002 10:54:11 PM