[TriLUG] Re: Colo/DSL

Don Brady dbrady at pobox.com
Thu Mar 28 07:27:12 EST 2002

 >> Britsys offers space *inside Inflow* at $200 a month for a 2U space!

 >But how much bandwidth?

They have not placed an explicit limit on me, but I did undertake that my
load would be light (which it is).

They have  "connectivity to three Tier 1 carriers using a mix of OC3's and
OC12's "

Obviously, if one were planning a heavy load, then you would have to tell them.

 >> By the way, they will also soon be offering DSL 1500/768 Worldcom with 5
 >> static IP's for under $100 month, with direct UUNet local routing.

 > Bah.  If it wasn't for BellSouth, I'd probably jump on this.

The Worldcom-based DSL  is using the DSLAMs throughout the Triangle that
Worldcom bought from Rhythms.  It does not use the BellSouth
DSLAM's.    But it does, of course, use the BellSouth or Verizon local loop.

But more likely you mean that you are already committed to BellSouth.