[TriLUG] USB SmartCard Reader

John Matthews jvmatthe at math.duke.edu
Tue Apr 2 14:15:23 EST 2002

On Tue, 2002-04-02 at 13:51, Justin Johnson wrote:
> Yep, that's the one. You know, the kind that would be used in a digital
> camera.

That's what I thought, but it pays to be sure sometimes. :^)

Anyway, the linux-usb-users mailing list has a lot of information USB
devices in general and some experiences with such readers.
Unfortunately, the geocrawler archives bite. So I'd recommend checking
here:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-usb-users&r=1&w=2
This seems to be much easier to navigate and search.

The working/broken devices list is here:
http://www.qbik.ch/usb/devices/
but I didn't find a ton of info on card readers, unfortunately.

I can't find a reference to the discussion about card readers here on
TriLUG before. Sorry. :^|

Regards,
matt

--
Matt Matthews     \ ph: 919.660.2811        \ Use GNU/Linux  _o) w00t
Duke Univ., Postdoc\ jvmatthe at math.duke.edu  \____________   /\\