[TriLUG] Re: wireless cards with linux

James Manning trilug at sublogic.com
Tue Apr 2 18:16:10 EST 2002

[Ed Hill]
> Don't count out the recent (and inexpensive!) Prism-II based cards such
> as:
>
>         Addtron AWP-100
> 	D-Link DWL-650, DRC-650
> 	Linksys WPC11
> 	Netgear MA401

sputnik only works with prism-II cards, if anyone cares about that :)

Now - step 2 -

> I have two of the cheap-o ($50) Addtron cards and, in my experience,
> they work very nicely with Red Hat 7.2 and current Mandrake and SuSE
> distros.

Got a good source recommendation for those?

Also, recommendations on the wireless cards for PCI slots (ideally
not just a pci-to-pcmcia adapter recommendation, although that's
an option too)
--
James Manning <jmm at sublogic.com>
GPG Key fingerprint = B913 2FBD 14A9 CE18 B2B7  9C8E A0BF B026 EEBB F6E4