[TriLUG] Linux and ATT

John Matthews jvmatthe at math.duke.edu
Fri Apr 5 12:12:38 EST 2002

On Fri, 2002-04-05 at 12:04, Lug wrote:
> I spend most of my day supporting a team of about 40 people (give or take
> a few) at AT&T and I can assure you that there are certain critical
> enterprise functions here that will NOT occur without Linux.

Good. What was it before Linux? Is Linux getting the job done faster,
cheaper, or better?

> Just because they won't support you as a Linux user, doesn't mean they
> aren't in tune with Linux and free software markets.

Ok, fair enough. They're in tune with Linux as infrastructure but not as
desktop software.

Ah well.

matt

--
Matt Matthews     \ ph: 919.660.2811        \ Use GNU/Linux  _o) w00t
Duke Univ., Postdoc\ jvmatthe at math.duke.edu  \____________   /\\