[TriLUG] Linux and ATT

Sinner from the Prairy sinner at escomposlinux.org
Fri Apr 5 13:04:45 EST 2002

On Divendres 05 Abril 2002 12:37 pm, Lug wrote:

> I will say however that they "should" provide limited support for certain
> version of Linux and make the known configuration "gotchas" available on
> their support web site.  They should make it known in advance, that Linux
> will work, but if you use it you're on your own.  Ipass in Raleigh was
> doing this when I used them about two years ago.  Those guys were great :-)

Hi,

Maybe youc an tell them the experience in Europe. At least in Spain, the ISPs
have on their website  a HOWTO get a conenction with Linux, editing config
files . This guarantees that it will work with any Linux.

Check out this pages from Terra,  a major ISP in Spain:
http://www.terra.es/usuarios/config.htm
http://www.terra.es/usuarios/config/linux.htm

Then, when there's a problem, you can always pretend that you are using
Windows and, on the "...now, reboot Windows..." part, go and get yourself a
soda :)

Salut,
Sinner
--
"I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father
smelt of elderberries!"