[TriLUG] BIND 4 Help & OpenBSD on Sparc

M. Mueller mmueller at signalnetware.com
Sun Apr 7 20:13:08 EDT 2002

On Sunday 07 April 2002 12:20 pm, you wrote:

> The problem I had was with compiling anything.  I don't know if 90% of
> what is out there is intended mainly for x86 and not tested on sparc but
> I would download source rpm's and try to build binary packages and they
> would bomb out.

I wonder if you are running into big-endian (Sparc, PPC) versus little-endian
(ix86) memory issues.  Things might change gradually now that Sparcs are
making into the hands of open source maintainers.  I know of one project
where the Sparc support comes and goes.  Support for Sun can be two-fold:
Solaris and Linux on Sparc which makes for more work  and less coverage.

Good eye-opener comment.  I'm looking at Linux on Sparc but I haven't taken
the plunge yet.

--
Michael Mueller
Signalnetware, Inc.