[TriLUG] Wanna have a key signing "party"? & Trilug's web oftrust.

Tanner Lovelace lovelace at wayfarer.org
Tue Apr 9 10:05:23 EDT 2002

On Tue, 2002-04-09 at 09:28, Justin Johnson wrote:
> > I guess most of us take this so much for granted that we have
> > just assumed everyone knew what a key was.  The short story,
> > is that
> /SNIP/
> > So, that's it in a nutshell.  If you're interested
> > in learning more, come to the meeting this Thursday.
>
> Thanks for the breakdown Tanner. I'll make the meeting on Thursday to get
> the full scoop. So if I want to 'get me one of them thar keys', or I guess I
> should say the software to generate said key, is there a particular place to
> do so? You mentioned PGP and GnuPGP. I guess I could start by Google
> searching on that, huh?

That would work, or you can try here:

For linux, use GnuPG (or GPG) which can be found at
http://www.gnupg.org/
(Although, I believe most distributions will include
it these days.)

For non-linux systems, use PGP (but realize it's been
discontinued so there won't be any new versions).
Get it from the International pgp page at:
http://www.pgpi.org/

Tanner