[TriLUG] Crossover Office runs Office2K very well.

Sinner from the Prairy sinner at escomposlinux.org
Wed Apr 10 06:32:58 EDT 2002

On Dimecres 10 Abril 2002 02:19 pm, John Beimler wrote:
> quotation from Sinner from the Prairy <sinner at escomposlinux.org> [on 020410
09:55]:
> > Also, at least some of newer Microsoft  development tools cannot be used
> > to develop OpenSource applications, even if they are designed for
> > Windows.

> Not to sound retentive, but we are discussing legal issues here,
> Microsoft's only real beef is "Free software" that the Free Software
> Foundation pushes, specifically software covered by the GPL.  Other
> licences such as the BSD license don't bother them (or other proprietary
> software vendors) since there is not the chance that they have to open
> up their code base if they use it.

Hi John,

AFAIK, latest Microsoft anouncements (Samba, DevStudio and others) try to
enforce a licensing scheme that forbids to use them in amy way that implies
an access to the code.

I think that this menas GPL, LGPL, mozilla-license and others.

I guess it's time for Don Rosemberg to join the talk.

Salut,
Sinner
--
"I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father
smelt of elderberries!"