[TriLUG] OT: RR Networking Question

lfwelty lfwelty at redback.com
Thu Apr 11 09:06:56 EDT 2002

I've found RR's DNS servers to be heavily, heavily used
and spotty at times.  Try sniffing out some of their other
DNS servers and use them as secondary/tertiary name servers.

Additionally rememember that cable modem's are a shared
resource. If many of your neighbors are also online and
actively surfing, you may notice a slowdown. I live near
NC State. I suspect my pipe is heavily used, sunday evenings
seem particularly bad. But that may not explain your
intermittent slow down.

F.