[TriLUG] OT: Semi-Resolution to RR Issues

Bill Vinson billvinson at nc.rr.com
Thu Apr 11 14:00:33 EDT 2002

Thanks to everyone who responded...

The technician just came out.  Really nice guy.  He found out my
upstream power level is very high (I may be recalling wrong and it was
downstream).  53 it seems is way above normal.  He said typically with a
splitter for RR/Cable TV is should be in the low 30's or so.  55 is
where the modem looses signal.  He doesn't know if this is causing my
problem, but he said it either needs to be balanced or there is a bad
wire somewhere.  A maintenance tech is going to come out sometime soon
to check it out.

Thanks again,
Bill