[TriLUG] cron.daily script not running

Jeremy P jeremyp at pobox.com
Fri Apr 12 15:34:07 EDT 2002

On Fri, 12 Apr 2002, Janyne Kizer wrote:

> I have put a script in /etc/cron.daily and it does not seem to be
> running.  The script runs fine from the command line and it has the same
> permissions as the rest of the files in cron.daily.  I think that the
> other files are running fine (slocate.cron and so on).  Any hints would
> be appreciated.

Hi,

You might want to check /var/log/cron to see if it's properly processing
the daily cron job.  What this actually does is call a script called
run-parts, located probably at /usr/bin/run-parts .

The run-parts script will skip over some types of files (ending in ~,
rpmsave, rpmorig, and various other stuff).  You might want to read
through its source (it's such as bash script) and see if it's skipping
over your file for some reason.

Hope this helps,
Jeremy