[TriLUG] Skipjack

Sinner from the Prairy sinner at escomposlinux.org
Sun Apr 14 18:48:59 EDT 2002

A Diumenge 14 Abril 2002 10:02 pm, Christopher Knowles va escriure:

> Shortly you all will be telling me to go the h#$l away, and I respect
> that.

> I've got Skipjack on that laptop, and I'm really liking KDE 3.0

Me too :)

> However, I've gotten really attached to two programs.  Komba2 and
> Kdirstat.

Komba2? Never used. Kdirstat... what does it do?

Are you sure that there's no replacement in KDE 3 for them?

> Neither of them compile, and I can't find redhat binaries for them.
> Is there anything I can do to get KDE 2.x programs to compile under
> KDE 3.0?  or am I just out of luck until they update?  (Or should I
> figure out how to update them?  :)

What I recommend to you:

- Get SRPMs (source-RPMs) for QT2, KDEBASE-2 and KDELIBS-2.x from RedHat
Linux 7.2
- do rpm --rebuild *.srms
- install them

I have never tried. But it might work.

Also, you can write those programs mainatiners and see if they are
interested in a QT3 version of their products.

Let us know what happens.

Salut,
Sinner
--
http://www.ibiblio.org/sinner/     Linux User # 89976
Running on Mandrake 8.2 - Kernel  2.4.18-6mdk     Linux Machine # 38068