[TriLUG] Laptops

Reginald Reed reginald at cisco.com
Tue Apr 16 15:36:47 EDT 2002

Just to add another opinion, I've had very good luck both hardware wise
and with Linux on both of my Inspiron laptops (a 5000 and a 4100).  I
just got the 4100 this past December and I haven't had any issues (other
than they accidently sent me a laptop without the 32M Geforce2Go).  My
current setup is:

Inspiron 4100
1.2 GHz  P///m
1 Gb of PC133 SDRAM
40 Gb disk
Built-in 3com 10/100
Cisco Aironet 350 miniPCI card (using internal antenna behind LCD)
14.1" TFT UXGA LCD (1600x1200)
32 Mb nVidia Geforce2Go!
Combo 8X CD-RW/DVD drive

All for ~$3k, RAM is from Crucial (less than $300 at the time).

--Reggie