[TriLUG] glibc problems

Sinner from the Prairy sinner at escomposlinux.org
Tue Apr 16 13:52:30 EDT 2002

A Dijous 20 Desembre 2001 02:38 pm, Peter Long va escriure:
> Hi all,

> I have a wierd problem that I suppect stems from that fact that I
> installed the glibc-2.1.3-18.2mdk rpm. I get the following error if I
> try to run almost any program as anything other that root.

Is this the original version for your Mandrake? where did you get this
version? Have you installed glibc-devel as well?

> bash$ man
> man: error in loading shared libraries: libdl.so: cannot open shared
> object file: No such file or directory
> bash$

Try to run ldconfig -v as root and try again

> If I login as 'root' everything is fine. Anyone know how to solve
> this?

Salut,
Sinner
--
http://www.ibiblio.org/sinner/     Linux User # 89976
Running on Mandrake 8.2 - Kernel  2.4.18-6mdk     Linux Machine # 38068