[TriLUG] Re: console access through serial port?

Reginald Reed reginald at cisco.com
Thu Apr 18 13:48:22 EDT 2002

We've got systems that run headless, but it really depends on your BIOS.
The Dell's and generic machines with Intel ServerBoards we run allow
this with no problem at all.  The Intel boards also allow you to see
BIOS screens/POST over the serial port.  Its our preferred data center
and lab configuration.  The BIOS needs to be able to ignore the fact
that there isn't a keyboard.  I think most systems can do this.

--Reggie