Houses (was Re: [TriLUG] Re: FUD alert!)

James Manning trilug at sublogic.com
Mon Apr 22 12:56:43 EDT 2002

[James Manning]
> The only thing I've found is that effective Jan 1, 2002, NC supposedly
> adopted the International Residential Code by the ICC
>
> 	http://www.ibhs.org/building_codes/map_codes/residential_bldg_codes.asp?state=40
> 	http://www.intlcode.org/codes/irc.pdf
> 	http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=international+residential+code

forgot to post that what looks like the more authoritative sites for
the building codes (and these are the ones where I don't see driveways
covered) is at:

    http://www.ncdoi.com/OSFM/Engineering/Residential/BuildingCode.asp

and searchable at:

    http://www.ncdoi.com/OSFM/Engineering/Residential/SearchCode.asp

> But I'm so clueless on building codes that I'm kinda lost - I don't even
> see how the driveway is covered by that code, so it may not even be the
> relevant set of codes to dictate properties of the driveway.
>
> Help! :)

This part's still true ;)
--
James Manning <jmm at sublogic.com>
GPG Key fingerprint = B913 2FBD 14A9 CE18 B2B7  9C8E A0BF B026 EEBB F6E4