[TriLUG] Cabling wish list

Andrew Perrin clists at perrin.socsci.unc.edu
Tue Apr 23 11:14:22 EDT 2002

I'd do wiring "tunnels" (don't know what the technical term is) so the
wires themselves can be changed out when needed. Right now I'd run lots of
UTP cable, to cover data and voice. I might go ahead and run an extra
channel to the ceilings to allow for WAPs, but I'm not really convinced of
the eventual utility of wireless. (Call me old-fashioned.)  And I'd
designate a closet somewhere for networking hardware, into which your
phone lines will run as well so junctions can be designated voice or data
(or other, e.g., video, audio, etc.).

ap

clists at perrin.socsci.unc.edu * andrew_perrin (at) unc.edu