[TriLUG] Re: up2date

Brent Verner brent at rcfile.org
Tue Apr 23 23:43:07 EDT 2002

[2002-04-22 16:28] Benjamin Reed said:
| On Sun, 2002-04-21 at 07:55, Brent Verner wrote:
| > are your scripts based on the apt-rpm.tuxfamily.org scripts or the
| > apt4rpm.sourceforge.net ones?  I have a set of scripts based on
| > the former that track 6.2 and 7.2.
|
| Mine are originally based on the former as well, but no longer
| resemble them in any way.  :)

Yah, mine sorta drifted away from the original as well :-)

| If you want to take a look, it's at:
|
|   http://www.befunk.com/apt/redhat-apt.sh

nice.  ftp-linux.cc.gatech.edu is another smokin' rsync server/mirror,
and the also have a secondary server for use by other public mirror
admins.

| I was thinking that if the server-side scripts are made right, each user
| could even have an "rpm" directory in their home directory that would
| automatically get turned into and apt repository (not unlike each user
| having a public_html).  So you could have:

cool idea.  I hope to find time this weekend to look into the apt4rpm
system.  Basically, it allows you to configure multiple rpm sources
to mirror and aptify, allowing one to track upstream rpms much
easier.  I suspect it could be twisted to allow your idea of a
~/public_rpm/ directory.

cheers.
  brent

to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."  -- Duane Allman