[TriLUG] Chris's Installfest mirror question...

M. Mueller mmueller at signalnetware.com
Wed Apr 24 10:17:27 EDT 2002

On Wednesday 24 April 2002 10:39 am, you wrote:
<snip>
> One thing it did NOT get is Debian.  Their ftp site is very flaky.
<snip>

Have you used the jigsaw download method?

not this: http://www.debian.org/CD/jigdo-cd/ (couldn't get the tool to
compile;  I was RPM'ing all sorts of things to keep the compile chunking
along; I hit a rough spot in that road, so I gave up; couldn't get the
precomiled binary to download)

but this: http://cdimage.debian.org/~costar/jigdo/  (this was  working, but I
have not figured out how to restart a job that stopped; not going to invest
my time in it until I have that one figured out)

I like the name "nonUS" for CD1 that contains stuff that's not to be exported
from the US.  I always think of it as "don't use this if you're in the US"
which of course makes me want to snitch that cookie out of the jar.

--
Michael Mueller
Signalnetware, Inc.