[TriLUG] installfest link on www.trilug.org

M. Mueller mmueller at signalnetware.com
Wed Apr 24 12:38:51 EDT 2002

The installfest link on www.trilug.com is not up to date.

Here's an idea on how to keep it current and not have to maintain the link:

I used the search trilug link and typed in installfest; I got the email
threads that give all the information you could want; of course, this is not
quite as nice as short blurb with the date, location, directions,
attractions, and advice on what to bring

If I were writing the blurb, here's what I would put:

The second annual TriLUG "Eat and Geek" installfest will be Saturday, May
11, 2002.  Please mark your calendars!

The location will be Durham Technical Community College in eastern Durham
-- just a few miles from our normal meeting location at RTI.  The time
will be approximately 12noon to 3pm.

There following will be available:
Mandrake, Red Hat, Immunix, Gentoo, Texstar, StarOffice 6 beta, KDE3 and
Samba, Linux Kernel 2.2 and 2.4, the whole GNU project, OpenBSD 3.0-release
and 3.1-current; architectures: Intel, Alpha, Sparc; if you have an
Amiga...well maybe there won't be so much to choose from.

Bring blank CDs and your computer and networking gear if you have it.  Get
started...or unstuck...with Open Source and Linux.  You'll get direct
hands-on help from the pros and you'll meet TriLUGger's - who's on-line help
beats any 800 customer service from those alternative and expensive closed
software vendors.

--
Michael Mueller
Signalnetware, Inc.