[TriLUG] PCMCIA Linksys Wireless Card

H Brett Bolen wingedlizard at nc.rr.com
Wed Apr 24 17:01:30 EDT 2002

Jeff Bollinger wrote:
> Hey I'm trying to get this Linysys WPC11 wireless NIC to work and I'm
> having some trouble getting to show up when I run ifconfig -a.  I've
> downloaded and installed the linux-wlan drivers, but I still cannot get
> the card to show up after running modprobe -a prism*  (I think the
> driver is prism2_cs).  Any ideas how I can get this going?  When I
> restart cardmgr I get the first beep which is the happy one, then the
> second one isn't the happy one (deeper tone).

I'm in the same boat.  I have linksys wap and pccard ( prism 2.5), and I'd
like to get it running on mandrake 8.2.  I have it working with winme, so I
know the wap side is working.

If anybody has pointers, pass them along. This would make a great meeting
topic, btw, any volunteers?

I've downloaded/compiled a Hind's pccard drivers and the wlan stuff, but
I haven't had much time to play with it.

.