[TriLUG] DHCP/DNS

Kevin - The Alchemist - Sonney alchemist at darkcanvas.com
Thu Apr 25 08:54:15 EDT 2002

On Thu, 2002-04-25 at 00:57, Andy Hart wrote:
> I need a little help. I just bought a D-Link router that I'm connecting to a
> Cable Modem. I have it configured to be a DHCP server. On my linux box, I'd
> like to setup DNS, but how, the IP addresses are created dynamically?
> What's the answer?

My DLnk 713P does allow for static IP assignments based on NIC address.
What model DLink do you have? it may or may not support static IP
assignments.

After that, it's just a matter of DNS setup...

--      Kevin "The Alchemist" Sonney      --
--  ICQ: 4855069            AIM: ksonney  --
320C 0336 3BC4 13EC 4AEC  6AF2 525F CED7 7BB6 12C9

"I will rule you all with an Iron Fist! You! Obey the fist!" - Zim